Tuesday, February 22, 2011

It's Only Inappropriate if I Lick It.....

I'm sure this isn't the best title of this post, but when I think of Randy Noorlander this is what I think about. It all happened when my friend Melissa and I were driving her Dad to Chemotherapy. Here is the story:

Melissa and her sister Mariah were driving their Dad (Randy) to Chemo and asked if I wanted to come along, after they dropped him off with their mom they were going to do some shopping. On the ride to the hospital I was telling about how my phone background always got some smart aleky comments, especially at church. (it's a picture of Jacob Black Shirtless). One guy in particular asked me, "Isn't that inappropriate?" Her Dad always joking, even when in pain, responded, "You should say it's only inappropriate if I lick it." I'll never forget that summer day, all of us laughing and me promising to say that next time.

On February 14th Randy Noorlander lost his battle with Cancer. Leaving behind a loving wife and 4 amazing kids. One of which I am lucky to call a friend. What an inspiration this man and his family has been to me. He coached his kids soccer teams since they were little and my sisters were lucky to be on their teams. His funeral was filled with people telling about how he served his whole life and how much he cared for others. Here's to you Randy, you will never be forgotten.

2 comments:

Munchy's Mama said...

I'm sorry to hear that. My heart goes out to his family. But what an uplifting story (:

Mishk said...

Dearest Jacque,
Thank you for this. I forgot about this particular trip and it made my day to read this. My dad was always joking like that! It is one thing that I will truly miss.