Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Oh Those Cute Kids!!

I'm babysitting my neighbors kids for the week, because get this..... they are in Hawaii!! We kind of had a rocky start Casey, their oldest girl, wasn't feeling great and when I asked her if it was the "I feel like I'm going to throw up sick" she said yes. I was hoping for a no, but luckily I have had practice cleaning up throw up and wasn't nervous or panicky. She felt better soon though and our day went back to normal. While the oldest three are in school I get to spend my mornings before work playing with the youngest, Max. He and I have been having the best time playing Wii, and he really taught me good sportsmanship. When we were playing golf he gave me a hug when I did a great job, and gave me little pointers. He also taught me how to play a new version of connect four (the point is to go red, black, red, black, and get a nice little pattern going.) Today I didn't get to see them as much as I would have liked, they had their grandparents come over while I was in class. But when I got home I had a little time to play and chat before Bedtime. Sam and I did homework together, he has great penmanship for his age and is getting to be such a great little reader. Emma got to text my sister (she used to babysit them when she was in High School). Emma loves to text and Ashley loves to chat with her so it works out :) Casey came home from YW and for their activity they learned emberassing stuff about the Bishopric, and I immediately knew what they told about my dad. How many Bishops do you know that have done time in Jail?? I will explain in my next post, because it is a great story and deserves it's own section. I will probably tell more about my adventures with these four amazing kids, but Max kept stealing my nose earlier so I need to go find out where he hid it........... :)

4 comments:

Mandy said...

The Cheney kids are very cute kids. Sounds like your having lots of fun. And this just proves you will be a great mommy! Love you!

The Steffensen's said...

That Gary, he always did seem a bit shady:) I once had a seminary teacher who was arrested. On his mission. You would almost think that's made up! I agree with Mandy, you are going to be a great mom!

So Dave gave me low self-esteem about my blog. He said I am campagining. I am not! A blog is a place to express hopes and dreams. That is all I'm doing. And Denny doesn't even read my blog so even if I was...I put up a new picture of Kendall on the side. He said she looks "silly". What? I thought she looked beautiful. So now I'm like am I just seeing her through a mom's eyes and everyone else thinks she's a goof:(

The Steffensen's said...

P.S. I rock at Friends Scene It!

Munchy's Mama said...

Oh, your blog is so cute!! I'm so glad you're a fellow blogger. I love your profile picture, too cute. And using lots of exclamation points just means you're passionate, ha-ha(o= I use a lot of them too!
I'm so jealous of your neighbors going to Hawaii....mmmmm!

o000000000- Dayton's contribution (=