Thursday, September 10, 2009

One Down.....


Today marks One Year since my little brother left on his mission. I wasn't always a fan of him, when we were little my mom was constantly grounding us to each other. Let me explain: We would fight, over the littlest things that didn't even matter. We fought long and hard, and my mom got sick of this so she decided to ground us to each other when this happened. We were told we had to pick a bedroom and stay in it until we stopped fighting. I would always pick his room because I didn't want his germs in my room. (Yeah I know, I was a little odd.) I remember those times vividly, him playing with his toys and me curled up by his door hoping to be done in there. I'm not sure when it happened, around the time he turned 16 I think, but he got really fun!! I really came to enjoy him, he has a fun, goofy personality. We had a couple of TV shows that we would watch together; Hogan Knows Best, Viva La Bam, all of the I Love The's from VH1. He would read books and recommend them to me; I Am Legend and No Country for Old Men. We even would call each other to just chat about relationship issues and work and family stories. It really bites that we finally got along right before he left on his Mission. He is now serving in the Columbia, South Carolina Mission. I'm proud of him but do miss him. But One Down, One To Go!! Keep up the Great work Elder Uresk, Love Ya!!

4 comments:

Cathy said...

It's crazy how time flies when people are on their mission. My nephew is coming home in a few months. Crazy!

I don't think they are having the puddlejumper sale anymore (my friend went today). Here is the address just in case:

2681 S. Preston Street (1935 E.)
Salt Lake City

Melissa said...

thats such a cute post! im sure you miss your brother a lot...hes doing something wonderful though...thats awesome!

The Steffensen's said...

Woah, I can't believe it's already been a year. You will have plenty of time for more awesome memories when he gets home!!!

Ashley said...

Ahhh!!! Cute post!! I was laughing so hard about your being grounded to each other, I remember those days. (in your defense he was kind of an annoying little brother!) But I miss him too!!! Only one more year!!