Saturday, December 22, 2012

A Book for Christmas


A couple weeks ago I was searching for a gift for some friends. These friends are like my second family, (I seem to have a couple of these, thanks to so many people for adopting me!) I had wanted to get their family a nice Nativity picture or a picture of Mary holding baby Jesus. I was having a really hard time finding something in my price range that would work. (this family isn't mormon so I wanted something spiritual that captured to true heart of Christmas but wasn't over the top.) After looking and looking I gave up and decided to get them a book, thinking The Fogotten Carols would be perfect I set to work looking for that. I kept passing by this book...
I have ALWAYS loved this story. Partly because our family is a Train family now, but mostly the story of young Thomas who realizes someone elses need is greater than his. I kind of tear up a little everytime I hear it.
 
I kept looking at this book wondering if I should get it for me, but I was here for someone else, even if I couldn't find what I wanted for them. So I finally told myself if I still REALLY wanted it to get it after Christmas, but leave it alone.
 
This Friday my Co-Worker and good friend Tiffany, (that lucky lady with the Twin Girlies) told me she had my present but told me before I opened it that if I didn't like it I could totally return it and she wouldn't be offended (She is the sweetest, like I wouldn't like something she picked out). Turns out she got me the best Christmas gift this year. I almost cried a little when I opened the gift and saw this book. (I know I am a big baby!) Thank You Tiffany for the best gift!  

No comments: