Friday, April 24, 2009

Mary Higgins Clark!!

I have always loved Mary Higgins Clark..... What an author!! She has a way of telling stories and suspense that keeps me up all night. She is so good at keeping you guessing the WHOLE time, you think you totally have it but then she pulls a 180!! One story in particular is so good I forget every time who the serial killer is!! Why do I tell you this?? I got to meet her Wednesday, that's why!!

My Sister, my Mom and I went to Northridge High to listen to her and her daughter, Carol Higgins Clark, talk. We stood in line, waiting for a good seat to hear them answer questions, then we hurried out to get a good place line to wait to have them sign our books. 2 hours later we got to meet them, and it was well worth the wait :) Mary was Charming, funny and very smart. She talked about the importance of an education, always taking classes, always learning. My favorite line she said was about how she said her editor would read her work and tell her what needed to be fixed. One thing in particular bothered him, she had the killer under the bed and her editor said; No way, she would have heard him, put him in the closet!! She told him him, my bed is large and I wouldn't know if someone was under it. She then said, "At some point in every woman's life she fears or hopes that a man is under her bed." HILARIOUS!!

My first time meeting a celebrity was a total success and I can't wait to meet and/or stalk some more..... ;)


Doesn't she look amazing for 81!!

2 comments:

Brian and Kristy said...

Holy freakin amazing! That is so awesome. She does write pretty amazing books, thanks to you I have read a few. I'm glad you had a good time! Love you babe.

The Steffensen's said...

She is amazing! Have you read her memoir? It's so awesome and I usually don't like those. I use to love her and hardly read anything else. But guess what? I guess I'm getting to be a freak in my old age because I can't, CANNOT, read her books anymore because I get too scared! I've checked out like two from the library in the past year and had to return them unread (besides the first couple pages!)