Monday, July 13, 2009

Mad Hatter!!

I have decided to learn a new skill. This one is just for fun, and it really was fun!! It took a couple days. Had to freeze cakes, get Fondant cold, I have made some Stars, but they need to get hard before I can put them on the cake. Anyways these are some pictures of my Mad Hatter Cake Process!!
This is the start, took me a while to figure out how to get the Fondant on the cake, but I got it!!

Me working on the strips and getting messy!!

This was sooo much fun to do!! I'm so glad I decided to do so!!

The finished product, I really am proud!! My next try will bet better, it is really short and looks shmooshed because I figured since it was a first try I would stick with 3 cakes lol. Again I'm glad I did this, it was sooo much fun and now in the future I will be able to make them for Birthdays!! :)

Me and My Cake!!

Thanks to Karen for being my photographer, and for the use of her Kitchen, (which got pretty messy!!)

5 comments:

Traci said...

Love it!! How did it taste?

Ashley said...

Holy Cow, that is so cute!!!! Do I sense a new hobby coming up??? You did a great job!!

Brian and Kristy said...

How yummy! I think I'll have a piece. It looks like you had fun doing it!

Munchy's Mama said...

Look out Ace of Cakes! That is awesome!

The Steffensen's said...

Awesome! Now no making fun of me when I post a picture of Allie's birthday cake on Saturday:)

Cake selling on crafty thursday? I better go check!