Wednesday, July 1, 2009

July??

July already!! I can't believe it is July already!! (did I already say that) So far this month (all 1 days of it) I have....
  • Eaten my first sandwich from Samwhich and Stuff
  • Tried my first (Banana?) pepper
  • Finished Visions of Ransom Lake
  • Licked about 40 envelopes......
  • Caught 2 Chickens
Have you ever noticed that Chickens aren't very bright?? This chicken, no clue how he got out, wanted back into his cage with his chicken buddies. Only problem here was he didn't want me to help him. I tried very hard this morning to help him out (meaning I chased him around and around) I even left the top open for a while hoping he would just voluntarily go back in, at one point he was on top of the cage.... but nope!! Finally I gave up and secured the other chickens and went off to work, but not before telling the Chicken that I hoped a Dog would eat it. (yeah I showed that Chicken!!) After work I went back to check on the Chicken, opened the top again in hopes that it would go in, and gave the dog some water and the Chickens. It was while petting the dog that another Chicken escaped!! I felt like I was in an Amanda Bynes movie!! I was determined to return all the Chickens. The 2nd escapee was easy to catch and into the cage he went. the original one was growing tired and therefore slow...... and after a few tricky maneuvers.... all the Chickens were back in their home.

4 comments:

Giff and Shirelle said...

All I can say is...you are hilarious!! lol

Rachel said...

Great story, but where's the photo of you chasing said chickens? That - I would like to see!

The Steffensen's said...

I'm going to disagree with Rachel. I think the picture in my head of you chasing chickens was WAY funnier then what it probably actually looked like. Man, does the fun never stop in Roosevelt:)

Well, I'm off to check craftythursday. I hope you didn't disappoint!

Cathy said...

Ha! I'm sure you had fun chasing chickens. We have chickens in our shed. Last year they were always escaping. We once had to leave in the middle of church because someone said they were in our neighbor's front yard!