Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Finding our Centers

Monday Nikki called me for an impromptu dinner up the mountain. She and Beau had suddenly decided Roasting Hot Dogs would be fun, and I agreed!! (I love spontaneity) They picked me up and we headed to Jubilee for some supplies.... (Nikki still has my Peanut Butter Cakesters!!) Beau's cousin Dustin was invited to join in the fun, and decided joining us would be more fun than going to the singles ward FHE (even though he was supposed to help lol) After getting our supplies we headed up to Dustin's house to prepare the Chicken (He decided to grill us some BBQ Chicken, YUM) Nikki and I did our best to supervise. Then we packed up and headed for the hills. We managed to find the perfect spot.... Seriously it was right by the water, secluded and had a great view.

At this point I'm standing right by the Fire Pit to take this picture, the running water was great background noise.

While Beau started the fire, Dustin started to set up his mini grill and Nikki and I set up camp.... it was here a few things were realized:
  • We had left the propane tanks at Nikki and Beau's, there had been no tinfoil at Dustin's so we figured we could use Dustin's Propane tank even though it was a little low, it lasted all of 3 minutes.
  • We didn't have our bug spray
  • Although this sight was great, it had no table, so instead of moving the Truck so we could use the tailgate as one, Nikki and I had to get creative..........

The legs were logs brought by us for the fire, the table top was made from pieces of a deck. Someone had brought and left the nice stuff for their fire... Crazy, but it worked out for us!!

It took a while to get the perfect coals for grilling our chicken (we just took the grill of the mini grill and stuck it on the coals) so while we waited we chatted and ate chips and Nikki's YUMMY Dip. The Chicken turned out great and we ate and chatted some more, at one point Beau explained how he loved to go to the mountains and find his center (hence the post title). Around 11:00 we decided to clean up and head home, but not without some Moose hunting, we didn't see any, not even with some great Moose calls!! We saw 2 Deer though, just running in the brush, and a Giant Moth got stuck in Dustin's truck and flew at me a couple times.



For a while I was sad that I hadn't taken a picture of us all, but then I remembered I had taken one!! When looking at this picture I am sure many of you have questions or comments about it, I figured I would make a few points about it to clear things up....
  • I'm sure you are wondering why Beau is wearing a suit..... He is just fancy like that!! We told him he didn't have to impress anyone but he just wouldn't listen.
  • Also, Beau has great posture..... look at how straight he is standing.
  • No Nikki didn't magically grow out her hair, it's just the lighting that makes it look long.
  • Yes that is Dustin, not Johnny Knoxville. The first time I met Dustin he had shaggy hair and when I saw him again it was SHORT!! I had to do a double take to make sure it was him. I mentioned that with his aviators on he looked just like Johnny, so I understand if you are thinking to yourself "man it looks just like she copied a picture of Johnny Knoxville from the internet into paint, cut around in and pasted it onto some random mountain picture."

5 comments:

The Steffensen's said...

Actually what I thought when I saw the picture was go Jacque! That Dustin is quite a hottie:) Am I total moron or what? Glad you are enjoying the dwindling summer days.

Brian and Kristy said...

I very much enjoyed that last picture. Looks like everyone was having a great time ;) I'm so happy you are having so much fun down in good ol' Roosevelt but it definitely is exciting you are moving home. I can't wait to see you more often!

Traci said...

I think your photoshop skills need some work... :P

Giff and Shirelle said...

Jacque, I don't get it???

Mindy said...

LOL....the suit is so Beauy-poo!! Love the picture!!