Monday, March 30, 2009

Marriage Survival Kit

My super cute friend Lauren Coombs is getting Married!! :) Congratulations to her, couldn't love her more than I do, we were best friends growing up. When I found out I started toying with some ideas for a shower gift. I was watching Friends and it was the episode where Ross gets a new apartment and Pheobe brings him a housewarming gift. I was laughing and laughing when I realized I could tweak the gifts and change it from housewarming to marriage survival. Pheobe gives Ross these objects:
Bread - So he'll never go hungry
Salt - So his life will always have flavor
A Candle - For the bathroom, because well, you know.....
FUNNY HUH??
I decided to incorporate this into a cute gift so here is the finished product....

All the ingredients needed for a great marriage, includes:
Salt - So their life always has flavor
Bread - So they never go hungry
Candle - To keep your future bright
Pepper - To Spice things up
Glue - To keep them together
and Handcuffs - For the Bedroom, because, well you know.....

Her Wedding colors are Brown and Yellow (Obviously not a Davis Graduate lol). I got to get out my MOD PODGE!! (I love to Mod Podge by they way).

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

No way!!! That turning out so stinkin' cute. You have such great ideas. Love them :)

Mishk said...

You gotta love Friends!! P.S. that is such a super cute idea!! I wish i was as creatively clever as you :)

Brian and Kristy said...

You are way too creative. Did I tell you me and Missy are making blocks that spell Spring and Summer? We may need some expert advise on how to use the Mod Podge. And it would be nice to see you again my dear. I miss you too much already.

The Steffensen's said...

Whatever! I am so stealing that idea next time I go to a bridal shower!!! Super cute!

Bryan and Allie said...

Totally love this idea! So cute!! How are you doing?