Sunday, January 3, 2010

The End of 2009, The Beginning of 2010

The week after Christmas was a busy one; visiting family, visiting friends, playing chaperone... During the break I had planned to learn to Knit, I was SO excited, unfortunately I wasn't able to fit that in. (Lowry's, I'm so sad/sorry I wasn't able to, but I still plan on coming sometime to learn!!) I had been looking forward to learning a new skill/craft but there is a reason I wasn't able to and here we go: (It was right here that I had to pause and decide between; List, No List. List Won)


  • Saturday - Baby Shower for my Sister
  • Sunday - Still Loving my Ward
  • Monday - Drive to Vernal to visit Grandma and Grandpa Uresk, quick trip to visit Great Aunt Vee (wishing it were warmer so I could ride her horses) Drive to Roosevelt to spend the night at my Aunt Karen's. Hang out with Nikki, Beau, and Beau's Cousin.
  • Tuesday - Visit Jason, Rachel and Miles (played with the new Geo Tracks Miles got for Christmas, wishing they had them when I was living there this summer). Drive to Neola to see Kylene and her kids, Tyson ran straight for me for a big hug, I missed those kids!! Held Kloe D and rocked her to sleep, the best part is she is a cuddly baby and cuddly babys are so great. (again wished it was warmer so we could go see the horses and dogs) Drive home.
  • Wednesday - Had plans to go visit Adam and the Bakers. I hate Snow. Thank goodness for Online Scrabble. Also should mention my new favorite phrase: Cuddly Duddly!!
  • Thursday - Chaperoned 9 kids at Boondocks, drove a Minivan there and back couple of times. I know what most of you are thinking at this point; A Minivan!?!? Man and I thought Jacque couldn't GET any hotter, well I just did, I just did!! After I finally got the kids back safely to their party animal parents it was off to Grantsville for me. I got to spend New Years with Adam and his Family, played board games, karaoke and toasted in the New Year with, what else, Sparkling Apple Cider!! Also this is the BEST part... wait.. for .. it... I BEAT ADAM AT SCRABBLE!!!! This is a big accomplishment since he mostly doubles my score. I taught them Speed Scrabble, (a Uresk Favorite). While I didn't come in first I managed to beat Adam and that was a good feeling indeed.
  • Friday - Made it home from Grantsville without one wrong turn, (this is where I should mention I made it there without getting lost also. Look at me, I'm growing) Finished 3 backdrops for my friend's in-home Photography studio, feel bad it took so long. Took Princess for a walk, did some dishes then came home and fell asleep on the couch for a couple hours....
  • Saturday - SCRAPBOOKIN' I got lots of pages done, another long walk with Princess, then off to Logan to have a late New Years Party. I really like the game Buzzword, first round was the boys against the girls, Boys -The Punishers, Girls - Pheobo. I won't say how much we won by, but it was a lot!! ;) Next round we switched it up a little and Missy, Brody and I were Team Crap Bag. Brian, Brad and Traci were team Princess Consuela Banana Hammock..... Team Crap Bag WON!! (the names are from the show FRIENDS) We played other games and watched the Ball Drop in Times Square, thanks to Kristy recording it on her DVR. Later stayed up until 4 a.m. chatting with Kristy. This is the best part of visiting her!!
  • Sunday - Write this Blog Post. (among other things)

Here's to you, 2010!!

(Sorry there are no Photo's, I really wanted some but I haven't been good at making sure I take them lately. I'm hoping I get a new camera for my Birthday in a couple of weeks... I may post one or 2 pictures later, but we'll see.)

2 comments:

Brian and Kristy said...

I love it! And I love you. Thanks again for coming to visit me. I love our talks. They are the best!

Traci said...

I'm pretty sure team "Crap Bag" cheated