Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas List

There are so many things I love about this time of year; movies, songs, activities, traditions..... I decided to write a list and I really hope that everyone who reads this will do the same. I love learning about everyone else's traditions and getting ideas.

Favorite Holiday Movies:
  1. White Christmas
  2. Holiday Inn
  3. Claymation Christmas
  4. Elf
  5. The Grinch Who Stole Christmas
  6. Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer
  7. Frosty the Snowman
  8. Barbie Nutcracker
Favorite Traditions:
  1. New home made PJ pants (Sometimes matching!!)
  2. Staying up late watching movies and playing games Christmas Eve
  3. Steak, Lobster, and home made Mac-n-Cheese for Christmas Eve Dinner
  4. Fighting over which new movie to watch on Christmas Morning
  5. Going to see the Nutcracker put on by Clytie Adams dance class
  6. My dad reading the Christmas story in the Bible while we set up the Nativity
  7. Making sure we leave a Carrot for Rudolph
  8. Splitting up at Target so the boys can get each girl a gift and vice versa
Favorite Christmas Decorations:
  1. The ornament I got for my first Christmas
  2. Rudolph (He is broken but we LOVE him)
  3. Our first Nativity set
  4. Reindeer Carousel
  5. My Stocking my Mom made me
  6. Tyler's train snow globe
  7. Our matching snowmen ornaments with our names on them
  8. All of our Nutcrackers (each family member has their own)
Favorite Christmas Books:
(Some are from when I was a child)
  1. The Christmas Donkey
  2. How the Grinch Stole Christmas
  3. I Believe in Santa Claus
  4. Snowmen at Night
  5. The Forgotten Carols
  6. A Christmas Dress for Ellen
  7. A Christmas Bell for Anya
  8. He Sees You When Your Sleeping (A Mary Higgins Clark Book)
I'm really glad I made this list because it was a horrible drive to work in the snow and I was cursing this time of year, but making these lists just reminded me of all the great and amazing things there are this time of year. It made me so Excited and Grateful for this time of year.... Snow and all. I'm excited to read everyone else's traditions and other lists!!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

this was an awesome post!

The Steffensen's said...

What the...two new posts from Jacquie! I love this post and can't wait to do it! I just did a new one though, so I'll have to do it tomorrow.

You are the most creative person I have ever met! Someday you are going to have to teach me how to do something crafty!

Camie said...

I love the list!