Sunday, December 7, 2008

Decorating for Christmas

The sad things about this picture is that
A. It wasn't staged, we had been decorating and decided that we would finish all the little stuff on Monday and randomly all picked up books to read
B. This is pretty much what we looked like right after Church too
C. Seconds earlier Rissa had also been reading but was forced to stop because Princess needed attention

As I said in my last post I LOVE to Decorate, especially for Christmas. I am going to try my hardest to post more, we will see how that goes. ;) My family decorated today and we had a blast. I realized a few things about my family:
-If there was a prize for reading too much we would easily win that
-We will never let our old broken Rudolph go
-We may get a little TOO much pleasure from hiding Ryker in the Christmas tree and a Mouse around the family room

I am not the best at taking pictures so I apologize if they aren't the clearest. This is my believe block that I got at the Day After Thanksgiving sale at Ben Franklin. I am not totally satisfied with it yet. I may post a changed picture later.

Yes I have an American Girl Doll!! I waited until I was 18 to get one so I am going to display and dress her proudly!! I got Nellie which is funny because growing up I had all the Addy books. I got the black window decoration at TaiPan!! It was a STEAL!!

I am one of those Crazy people that loves to Decorate trees in a Theme, I have had the following: Candy Tree, Princess Tree and a Black, White and Silver Tree. I was using my sister's because she had no room in previous Christmas's for a Tree. This year she has a house so I gave her tree back and still wanted to display my decorations; I had to get creative! lol These are from the Candy Tree.

The ornaments in my carriage are part of my Black and White Tree. You can't tell but there are some cute ones in there including my favorite from Coronado. We have gone there twice for Thanksgiving and once for Christmas. We don't stay in the actual Hotel but we always go visit that beach.

Just another picture, including my Reindeer Carousel. (I have ALWAYS loved Carousels)

2 comments:

Rachael said...

You are so cute Jacque! I miss you.. we need to hang out soon!

Brian and Kristy said...

You are so silly. Your decorations are the cutest. I need you to come decorate my house. It needs help. I miss you honey! Love ya tons!!