Sunday, December 21, 2008

What a Day!

Yesterday was such a fun day, my Cousin Melinda came from Payson!! Her husband Phil was doing some electrical work for Curtis's Dad and some stuff around my house. They got to my house pretty early and Ashley, Curtis and Major (their puppy) showed up shortly after. Curtis and Phil went to the Galbraith home and then the fun began!! Major and Princess were sent outside to play in the snow, and Sarah, Alyssa and Ryland went downstairs to play with all of our toys. Ryland and I had a couple races across the family room. He would say, Ready, Set (and at this point he would start to push his car) Go!! The little cheater bug! :) It was so fun to race with him and hear him yell "Jatee, Race Me." The girls had a blast playing with the Barbies, Pollys and basically every toy we own lol. After a while Lyss wanted to go outside and after they got the toys cleaned up (I have to say that you did a good job girls!!) they went outside and were attacked by the dogs. At this point I need to explain that Princess loves new people and shows her love by jumping and licking which can be scary if you aren't used to it. Also Major is a puppy so he likes to play, so when I say attacked I mean in a loving way if that is possible. :) The girls came running in, Alyssa had lost her coat and her shoe! Needless to say, they were done being outside. Now to the crafty part of the day!! My cousin Melinda is AMAZING at crafty stuff, and whenever I visit her or she visits us she has something cute to do! We made cute tins for Christmas presents and the CUTEST Cards. She then gave us some kits for cute scrapbook pages. Thanks Min, you are great!!
After they went home my little sisters, dad and I went to the Mall to shop for some gifts for my mom. I think we did rather well. I went to Devin's after that and those of you that know me know that I am not a fan of sports. That may be an understatement!! lol Anyways I just happen to be dating the biggest sports fan EVER!! (Also the cutest guy ever!!) Anyway I went over to watch the BYU game, and by this I mean, Devin watched the game and I worked on a quilt that I'm making for the Warrens. It sounds weird but hey, it works!! We went out to look at the lights (kind of) and after we got Hot Cocoa. So taking everything into account, Saturday was a GREAT day!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

sounds like it was a fun day!
and i want to see a picture of you and your cute devin sometime! he needs to be on your blog, too!
ya, i bet he likes watching ESPN doesnt he? im actually a huge sports fan! im very diverse i guess.
hope youre having a great holiday break...stay in touch through blogs and facebook, sweetie!
talk to ya laters!

Mindy said...

I am reliving the moment of hysterical screams...and of course laughing!! I felt so bad for my little frightened girls. BUT, it was pretty funny!! My kids always have a blast at your house! They did not want to leave. We should've had Devin come over during our craft hour since you sat through sports!! Next time!