Sunday, December 14, 2008

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer

I am not sure if I have mentioned this before but my friend Camie told me about a website that will put your blog into a hardbound book! I was so excited because I have always wanted to be a good journal writer but never really got into the habit. So I am now going to use this as a journal and hope that it will get me into the habit of writing in an actual journal for my more personal experiences. So I apologize if my posts get long, or if I do too many. I won't be offended at all if you don't read them.

Every year the kids in my family get so excited when we pull out the decorations and finally pull out Rudolph, our favorite decoration of all. Back in his glory days he would play music, walk and his nose would flash. We loved to put him on the hardwood and watch him walk around. So sad was the day that we pulled him out and he no longer worked. Our Mom offered to buy us the new one from Build-A-Bear. (which I now want after holding Elizabeth's) we all protested though. There are so many memories of him. Every year we leave a Carrot out for Rudolph along with Santa's Milk and Cookies. One year we decided to be sneaky and set a trap for Rudolph. We put a cardboard box in the family room and set up a stick to hold up one end. We tied a string to that stick and the other end to Rudolph's Carrot, which we put under the box. The next morning we were so excited to see if it worked. When we got upstairs the box was down, the trap worked!! We thought we had him, we couldn't wait to play with our pet Reindeer. Imagine our surprise when we looked inside that box, and there was our toy Reindeer!! That Santa is so sneaky!! So this concludes the story of my favorite decoration, hopefully he is around forever!!

2 comments:

Missy said...

What is that website to have your blog made to a book? I'm very interested.

The Steffensen's said...

I love how he was trapped under the box. I hope I can think of cute stuff like that to make fun memories for my kids!